Welcome

This is a blog dedicated to all riders, support, and sponsors. Pedal your *ss off.

Monday, April 21, 2008

First fixed gear track race.

Last Tuesday, April 15th was my first fixed gear track race. I would be starting out in the C class since I was a newbie. I had some teammates in the race with me, so I thought it would be a fun night. My legs were a little tired, and didn't have much snap, but I pushed through.

The first race of the night was a scratch race, where the winnner is the first one across the line on the last lap (pretty basic). One of the guys Marshall turned out to be fast and on his game, he took first in the race, with Frank 2nd and me 4th.

The second race of the night was a "point-a-lap" race, this is where the winner of each lap gets a point, the rider with the most points after 8 laps wins. Marshall was very strong in this race and timed all of his sprints perfectly, even with Frank working his butt off for me, I couldn't hold him off. Marshall took 1st and I got 2nd.

The last race of the night was a "points race". Riders race for points on every 3rd lap (for our race) to get points, 5-3-2-1 for 1st-2nd-3rd-4th, respectively. I was feeling good for this race and some of the other guys also wanted to try and keep him in. I only missed one sprint in the race, a break got away and took the points, but I earned enough points to take first for the race.

Overall, I was 2nd in the omnium (results had me at 3rd) and had a great night for myself and my team. Frank was definitely a big help mentally and physically, and Leslie being in the field was definite motivation.

Everyone that put on the event did a great job, thank you.

Track racing was definitely much more fun than I thought it would be, I can't wait until next Tuesday.

No comments: