Welcome

This is a blog dedicated to all riders, support, and sponsors. Pedal your *ss off.

Monday, April 21, 2008

First Cat 3 Race

My first Cat 3 race was in Spartanburg, SC on April 14. Some of the pros said the course was tough because of all of the small steep climbs. The weather was very cool compared to the previous week. The group was about half of the size of what I was used to in the 4's. The race rolled off, I was feeling tired from moving, but I hoped the feeling would pass as the race went on. The Bio-Wheels guys were sending attack after attack, working on the field. I was content to just sit in and see how my day went, The climbs were tough, but nothing I couln't handle. I tried to find a sweet spot in the field, but couldn't. As the race went on, people fell off and I was getting closer to the back. This caused me to start working around gaps and that starting wearing on me. Finally, on a short little hill, two guys (that were also struggling) opened a gap in front of all of us and the field, I couldn't close it.

I kept riding to finish the race, I made a wrong turn and had to back track some, but I still maanaged to pass one more and rode in to finish.

I need sleep.

No comments: