Welcome

This is a blog dedicated to all riders, support, and sponsors. Pedal your *ss off.

Monday, February 11, 2008

Track on Saturday

Saturday, February 9th I finally got to go back to the track after getting the track bike rolling again. It took a few minutes to get used to being on a fixed gear again, buth then I felt good. I missed most of the warm up because I got there late. I got a crash course on team riding a "Belgian missing out"? This type of mock race went for 8 laps, then whoever won the 9th lap got 5th place, the 10th lap - 4th palce, etc. I told Alan (teammate) that I would take 2nd and he can take the win. The mock race went very smooth, a few breaks, nothing major until, with 3 laps to go, it lookedc like a couple of people might get away, but we reeled them in and I took point with two laps to go and pedaled with all that I had. I took 2nd and Alan stayed right on my wheel. As I pulled off I looked to see that Alan and I had gapped the field and rocketed on to take the win. It was great, hopefully we can get things to work like that during the season.

After my mock races I had the priveledge to finish my workout with Leslie. The wind started to pick up, so working on my sprints was a little tought. We did VO2 intervals and went unilt it felt like neither one of us could push any more against the wind. It was a great workout and now I can say that I helped Leslie to get her Stars and Stripes Jersey in August. :)

No comments: