Welcome

This is a blog dedicated to all riders, support, and sponsors. Pedal your *ss off.

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Last short track race

This past Saturday was the 5th and final short
track race of the series. I wanted to have some fun so I put some cyclocross tires on my bike to see what it would be like. Some other guys were riding cx bikes so I didn't figure it would be too bad and I could work on some more handling skills. My wife, Lindsay got to come to this race, so no matter what this would be a pretty good day. She was my photographer for the day and she did an awesome job while she chilled at the start/finish line. She also decided to critique me and let me know that my knees were a little out and my seat seems low, just when I thought she couldn't be any better, she ups the ante. Its a good to know that she is getting that involved, I told her the beginner class has her signed up for next year.





The first half of the first lap started out good, then I got sketched out on the tires and nearly slid out on the gravel section. I ended up losing nearly half a lap before I finally got up to race speed. After a few laps I began reeling a couple of guys in and made a few passes through the middle of the race. I felt good through most of the race and was happy with my performance. I fell off for the last laps and they show me in 10th, I think I was 9th but no worries. I was up to eighth at one point but got a little lax and let it go. Besides, it's better to be the slowest of the fast group than be the fastest of the slow group, right? Overall I was 8th for the series, not that it matters, but those are the facts.



The sun was in my eyes:


Check out my skinny tarrs:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.